I am currently a Postdoc in the Autonomous Agents Research Group at University of Edinburgh. My research focuses on explainable AI with a particular emphasis on autonomous vehicles. I was previously a PhD student in Institute of Automotive Engineering at Technical University of Darmstadt with the research topic of autonomous vehicle safety. I obtained my Master at Tongji University and Bachelor at Wuhan University of Technology.
- 10/10/2022 I joined the Autonomous Agents Research Group as a Postdoc.
- 21/02/2022 I was a senior engineer at DJI responsible for the safety design of L3 automated vehicles
- 26/10/2021 I passed my doctoral examination with very good with the title of “Silent Testing for safety Validation of Automated Driving in Field Operation”.
- C. Wang, C. Popp and H. Winner, “Acceleration-Based Collision Criticality Metric for Holistic Online Safety Assessment in Automated Driving,” in IEEE Access, vol. 10, pp. 70662-70674, 2022, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2022.3186765.
- C. Wang, K. Storms and H. Winner, “Online Safety Assessment of Automated Vehicles Using Silent Testing,” in IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 13069-13083, Aug. 2022, doi: 10.1109/TITS.2021.3119546.
- C. Wang, F. Xiong and H. Winner, “Reduction of Uncertainties for Safety Assessment of Automated Driving Under Parallel Simulations,” in IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Vehicles, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 110-120, March 2021, doi: 10.1109/TIV.2020.2987437.
- C. Wang and H. Winner, “Overcoming Challenges of Validation Automated Driving and Identification of Critical Scenarios,” 2019 IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Conference (ITSC), 2019, pp. 2639-2644, doi: 10.1109/ITSC.2019.8917045.
- B. Gyevnar, M. Tamborski, C. Wang, C. G. Lucas, S. B. Cohen, and S. V. Albrecht. “A human-centric method for generating causal explanations in natural language for autonomous vehicle motion planning.” arXiv preprint arXiv:2206.08783 (2022).
- 2019-2021, Verification and validation methods for automated vehicles in urban environments (VVM)
- 2017-2021, Automated driving darmstadt for students (aDDa)
- 2017-2021, Virtual assessment of automation in field operation (VAAFO)